Monday, June 20, 2011

Blog #1- Jen

Blog #1 is due June 21, 2011. The following questions should be addressed in this first entry: (1) what do you hope to gain and learn by taking this class? (2) what experiences do you bring to the class from your own use of technology? (3) what kind of technology integration project would you like to work on in this class? (4) how will what you learn and do in this class connect to what you are doing in your own classroom?

 1.)  I hope to learn about many different tools that I can use in my classroom that will be more technology friendly next year and that may be possibly FREE to use.  I would also like to share with my colleagues sites that we can use in our classroom as a collaboration sites, between our three schools St. Catherine, St. Michael, and St. Joe's.

2.)  I do not bring a lot of technology to the class, because our school has not been very tech friendly until recently.  Until this past December my classroom was equipped with two apple computers that barely worked and an ancient overhead that overheated with a burned out bulb that could not be replaced.  In December, our Home & School Assoc. purchased 30 laptops and mobile cart.  In April, I received a large flat screen with docking station and wireless Internet.  Next fall we will have interactive whiteboards, Elmo's, projectors, more flat screens, and tablets.

3.)  I'm not sure what my technology integration will be.  I was thinking about how I can use one of the newer things I will have in the fall, but I am not sure what.

4.)  Hopefully what I learn in this class will help me to use a lot of this new technology in my own classroom and be able to help my colleagues. 

1 comment:

  1. Free is my middle name. I try and only show free tools (though, the Smartboard stuff isn't free tomorrow). But Monday will be a huge day of free so I hope you'll love that. ;~)

    ReplyDelete